Monday, January 23, 2012

Finally getting around to more JavaScript

Hello everyone,

Well, as part of my senior design class for computer science, we are assigned teams of four and each team gets a different project. Our project looks like it will involve a lot of JavaScript. This is good, because I am a fan of JavaScript and don't know it nearly as much as I would like. Also, I'm sick of every class project being in Java (not because I hate Java, just because I'd like to see some variety). Anyway, we're going to be doing a few small web applications that will be using a Java backend (!). Luckily, most of the interesting stuff will be client side.

I took it upon myself to set up everyone's favorite tools like Jenkins. I also had to search out a bug tracker to install. I haven't installed a bug tracker before and I have to say, some of them are a real pain to install and have a lot of dependencies. So after trying out some popular ones and disliking the setup process, I went with one called YouTrack.

I like YouTrack because installing it consists of me deploying it on Tomcat (after the install program), and I'm a big fan of doing as little as possible. I haven't worked with it that much yet but so far it seems simple enough. So if you're looking for a bug tracker with a simple setup and running a windows server, go ahead and give it a try.

(disclaimer: I don't work for them!)

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment